What is a HomeBuyer Report in Northern Ireland?
Bradley NI carry out HomeBuyer Report Surveys across Northern IReland. The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) estimate that home owners that bought a house without a homebuyer report spent an average of £5,750 after they move in on repairs.
Legally you are not required to have a HomeBuyer Survey, but whether you are buying for cash or drawing down a mortgage, it is best to know what repairs may be required in the near future.
What is a HomeBuyer survey?
HomeBuyer surveys (also known as ‘Level 2’ surveys) provide an inspection by an RICS Chartered Surveyor of the areas of a property that are easily accessible. The surveyor looks for visible problems that are serious, dangerous or that could affect the property value. However, the structural integrity of the property is not examined in detail, nor are defects that are down to wear and tear. The report will include an overview of required property maintenance and will give you an idea of whether repairs are needed, but it will not discuss the repair options and associated costs. The report also provides top-line guidance on environmental hazards and highlights issues that your legal advisor should look into. Allcott Associates’ HomeBuyer surveys include a reinstatement cost for insurance purposes, and a market valuation.
What does a HomeBuyer survey include?
– An inspection of easily accessible areas of the property, including the major indoor features like ceilings, roof, walls, floors, bathrooms and woodwork.
– An inspection of permanent outdoor buildings and the outside of the home including roofing, pipes and gutters, walls, windows and outside doors.
– An inspection of the visible parts of the heating and drainage systems, electric, gas/oil and water services.
– Assessment of easily accessible timbers for rot and active woodworm infestation.
– Testing for dampness of the walls.
– Overview of property maintenance for areas checked.
– Top-line information on environmental hazards.
– Considerations for your legal advisor.
– Reinstatement costs and a market valuation of the property.
How do I arrange a HomeBuyer Report in Northern Ireland?
You can arrange a HomeBuyer Report in Northern Ireland by contacting Bradley NI on 028 300 50633! We provide quotes and estimated costs and can complete HomeBuyer Reports in Northern Ireland in less than 2 weeks.